Once communications with a development tool is established and a motor is configured and spinning to specifications, the vehicle needs to be configured to respond to input commands.
The controller can be configured to respond to the following inputs and optionally limited by configurable speed, power and/or multiple “assist” levels. See Command Inputs Configuration
- variable motor torque corresponding to a programmable 0-5V analog throttle input
- variable motor torque corresponding to a pedal torque sensor located in the bottom bracket, rear axle or chain
- on/off control with a pedal only cadence sensor
- combination of all of the above interacting with various options
- purely commanded by a serial network when using an external vehicle control module
The motor command levels can be monitored with the parameters below.